We all know we should eat more vegetables, but it’s often tough to eat enough of them.
Here are 10 ways to eat more vegetables:
1. Smoothie – eat a smoothie for breakfast or snack. Add a cup of spinach and some berries. You won’t taste the spinach, I promise.
2. Chop in advance – spend 30-45 minutes and chop all your vegetables for the week. Good ideas are carrots, celery, sweet peppers, etc.
3. Cook in advance – I steam all my broccoli and cauliflower for the week all at once. I store in glass containers and it lasts about 5 days.
4. Salad – obvious, but often forgotten. Make a point to have one large salad every day that includes at least 3 vegetables.
5. Mashed Cauliflower – replace mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower. You won’t even notice the difference. Try this recipe.
6. Omelette – add onion, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes to your eggs.
7. Stir Fry – an easy meal to make; just fry up some chicken breast, add vegetables and some seasoning.
8. Double the veggies – when making a recipe that calls for vegetables, double the suggested amount.
9. Be sneaky – grate, shred or puree veggies and see how many meals you can sneak them in to. Works well in burgers, meatloaf, soup, and sauces.
10. Eat seasonal vegetables – head to your local farmers market and pick up what’s in season. It will be super fresh and give you some variety. A quick online search will give you a recipe if you need.
BONUS: One of all-time favorite recipes: Use What You Have Quinoa Bean Salad. The base is quinoa and beans and then just add in a whole bunch of veggies. Yum!
What’s your favorite vegetable?
Join the FREE 1 Week 15 Minute Exercise Challenge
Workout Smarter, Not Longer.
15 minutes is all you need.
- Full-length workout video send directly to your inbox each day
- Self-care mini-challenges
- Daily reminder emails
- Accountability and Support