Is 10 minutes of exercise a day enough to make you feel better and have more energy? It sure is!
I conducted a 2-week study where participants did 10 minutes of exercise a day at home and answered a short survey on how they felt about themselves and their energy level.
What were the results?
• more positive about self
• increased desire to exercise more than just the 10 minutes
• increased motivation
• felt stronger
• more energy
• increased desire to improve eating habits
I’m sharing a 10-minute circuit (easiest to get it done in the morning) that you can do it at home or when travelling without even getting dressed or using any equipment.
Watch the video to see the circuit in action.
1. Set timer for 10 minutes
2. Complete 4 exercises in a circuit format using the following order: lower body, core, plyometrics, upper body – Aim to be breathless and sweating
3. Rest as needed between circuit rounds (try not to rest longer than 60 seconds)
4. Complete as many rounds as possible within the 10 minutes
NOTE: While speed is good, form is of utmost importance and should not be compromised for speed. In other words, go as fast as you can while maintaining good form.
Lower body (choose 1)
– full range 10 reps OR jump squat 10 reps
– static 10 reps each side OR jump lunge 10 reps each side
Core (choose 1)
• Bicycle crunch 10 reps each side
• Mountain climbers 10 reps each side
Plyometrics (choose 1)
• March on spot 20 reps
• High knees 20 reps
Upper body (choose 1)
– incline, hands on bench/chair 10 reps OR floor 10 reps
• Tricep dips
The circuit is excellent for giving you an energy boost, releasing the “feel-good” endorphins, and helps blast body fat.
Give it a try and write me a message on Facebook to let me know how it goes!
Join the FREE 1 Week 15 Minute Exercise Challenge
Workout Smarter, Not Longer.
15 minutes is all you need.
- Full-length workout video send directly to your inbox each day
- Self-care mini-challenges
- Daily reminder emails
- Accountability and Support